In order to volunteer with Fidesco, you need:
- to be over 21 years
- to be healthy
- to be available for a 2 year mission
- to accept to serve a development project initiated by an entity of the Catholic Church (diocese, charity, school, hospital…)
- to have a desire to serve with an attitude of hope
- to follow the Fidesco training once the mutual decision is made
You can be single, a family with or without children, right out of school, taking a break in your professional career, or recently retired.
We do ask expectant mothers to wait until after the birth to leave on mission. Due to school constraints, we cannot accommodate families with children older than 9 years old (attending grades 4 and 5 during the mission).
We have one departure per year:
- For a departure in August through October, please contact us before the end of February. You will be asked to attend a “discovery weekend” in early spring at your expense.
For the mission, Fidesco provides transportation, medical insurance, a stipend, and simple but appropriate living conditions.
We will ask you to help us in fund raising. Corporate donors, foundations, and government subsidies cover slightly more than one third of the cost of missions, so we need your help to make your project known and find sponsors.